Friday, September 5, 2008

Darkness' Embrace

Okay. Based off a true event in my life. It is also a Psych fanfic but I posting the orignal version of it. Enjoy.

I stared down at all the blood, swallowing dryly. There is so much more than there should be. The deep red liquid just seems to keep pouring out of me, faster than it should. This is not good, I think idly to myself as I stumbled into the next room.

I close my heavy eyes, I may not last much longer. Not after a wound like this. But there is always hope, or at least that's what I have always thought. That's what always kept me happy. Hope. I hoped I would be able to keep my wits about long enough to find help. My sister is near by. I'm sure. She had to be near. She was waiting for me.

Did she need my help? I can't remember, my mind is beginning to get foggy. Never a good sign. I look down again, the blood was still coming at an unusual rate. Ah, great. My hands have now started trembling. I really need my sister's help. Although who knew how she would act around the excess amount of blood.

Yes, the blood. I stumble a few more steps, then leaned against the unforgiving desk. The wound is burning. It hurts like none other I had ever had before. Which surprises me a bit, because I felt so far gone that I shouldn't have felt anything anymore. But as I take a deep breath, I am reminded of the pain that can be felt. It is still there, radiating from the wound.

In all honesty, I hadn't expected to get a wound like this. Not at that time anyway. I had thought I was being decently careful, but it seemed as if I hadn't. And the pain had actually started before the excessive bleeding. Just didn't seem right. Not in the least.

I mumble something to myself, not quite sure what I've said as I slide down the side of the desk to where I am suddenly sitting on the floor. My glass eyes look around the room one last time. I am feeling cold now. And I know need to get help. The blood loss is just too much. I am suddenly no longer sitting on the floor, but laying on it. When did that happen? I shake my head, trying to clear the fog, but it seems to be no good.

I take a shaky and painful breath, calling out my sister's name. Where is my trusty sister? I want to see a friendly face right now. Even if I can't see it very well, I still needed to see it. But it is not coming into view. Oh well, I just can't stand the pain anymore. I close my eyes and give into darkness' embrace and take my last brea-

"What are you doing?"

I can hear the sneer in her voice as I open my eyes and sigh, "You just ruined my very dramatic death." I state.

My sister rolls her eyes at me, "Grow up. It's just a silly paper cut."

End

Until Next Time

1 comment:

Morgan the Muse said...

I have heard this one before, haven't I? Well, it was still good.