Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm Falling To Pieces.

So, let me tell you about moi day.

Wake up at seven (because up at seven or seventy-thirty is sleeping in for me even if I go to bed around three in the morning) and get on the computer for a bit. At eight Julie (ze housemate) gets out of the bathroom (she woke up after me) and then I try and make it in there right away but she's watching a commentary on Psych and I love Psych commentaries. So, after fifteen minutes I finally go and take a shower.

See, at nine we (Julie and Ashley along with me) plan on going to Iowa City where the nearest bookstore of the Barnes and Noble branch is located (yes, almost two hours away - in January they closed the branch that was only 45 minutes away) and we all have gift cards to B&N (Julie and Ashley 25$ and me 20$).

We're taking Ashley's car because the doors lock whilst in Julie's it doesn't and we don't take mine because that might be a bad idea.

Nine o'clock comes and there no Ashley here. Turns out she slept in and still had to take a shower.

'Round nine-thirty we head out.

I read on the way up and Ashley makes my day because I was tired of listening to her not find any good music on the radio and she put in her Scissor Sisters CD.

We get there and I find a number of books to buy.

I go to check out.

I try and use my gift-card that I got for my birthday (Sept 24 of 09) and try and use it today (April 26 of 10). Let me tell ya something though.

See, previously I tried to pre-order The Mighty Book of Boosh online with the gift card.

The release date got kicked back.

Fine.

The release date got kicked back even more.

Fine.

Re-order.

The order got canceled because of the release date.

Fine.

Re-order.

Get an email that says if you don't respond to this in three days they'll cancel the order.

See that email two days too late.

Fine.

Fuck it.

Try and use the gift-card now and y'know what? No money on it.

Yeah.

So, the nice check-out lady calls up the people who can fix this. Should only take a few minutes.

A few minutes later (yes, it didn't really take that long) the gist is that the book order wasn't actually ever canceled. And never shipped either. It's just been hanging out there for months. And the lady on the phone can apparently manually cancel the order and get the money back on the gift-card.

The problem is that takes about 24 hours.

Okay fine. I'll save my gift-card some more.

And I'll pay all 60$ right now.

Then we go further in the mall.

Hot Topic has moved and is less scary. I get a very awesome tie necklace and a bag that say "Life = Music" for under three dollars. Yay!

Do not buy a CD of That One Guy because Best Buy doesn't have it and FYE is no longer anywhere.

Eat the best sandwich EVER from Chili's.

Go to Pet Co (Where the Pets Go).

Go downtown and see a few awesome stores there.

Come home.

Eat chinese with the family and have a great time.

Basically my day was pretty awesome.

And I was going to go into more detail like I did in the beginning but I lost the motivation to do so. Sorry. *shrugs*

Though, I found these two videos (and if you don't see the whole screen, click on the video and it will load a window of it):









Until Next Time

No comments: