Sunday, July 5, 2009

So. Srsly. Lik Woah.

We've got like, one good restaurant near us (middle of no where, it is). Got many names, coz it's had many owners. Current name iswas, I believe, Prairie House. But my family called it The Tin Shed, yeah?

So. I live right by the intersection (notice the 'the' meaning one) of Donnellson, and we've been hearing sirens for 'bout an hour. Maybe more. And we (Julie, Ashely, I) been wondering what the shit is happening, yeah?

Well, I take a shower and get my jimjams on. But once I open the door Julie and Ashley are like, "We're gonna follow one of those sirens. They be firetrucks!" so we load up into Ashely's car.

I make mention that maybe it is a firework thingy.

It is not a firework thingy.

We follow the one firetruck to Charleston. Which is a teany place. A few houses and the Tin Shed. And I mean a few houses. Not even one hundred people live there.

The Tin Shed is gutted. Huge hole in the roof. The only thing that seems to be standing are the four tin walls. Still, firetrucks are getting water. It's started possibly around 9. It is now 10.34.

Seriously.

Turn out one of the firetrucks died and so they had to get out an old one. So many cops. Charleston is lit up with the fire, sirens and all of Charleston plus like, half of Donnellson and country folk between us.

Made mention that this is as sad as when Rosie's here in Donnellson burnt down a while back.

And that was sad.

Anyway, my forth was fine. Hung out with Morgan. And Recia and Chet. Justin stopped by for a bit.

Morgan and I planned out a few things which was fun.

Fireworks ensued.

I had taken a nap due to overdosing on allergy medicine. Okay, not really overdosing, I took the correct dose, which is more than I usually have to take and I had become drowsy. Therefore, nap.

But fun Shindig in Franklin. And it went over really well considering that it rained all morning.

Anyway. Tin Shed. Burnt. Saddens me.

Until Next Time

1 comment:

Morgan the Muse said...

THis is a sad night, indeed.